[lbo-talk] Re: Contemporary forms of female self-objectification

Leigh Meyers leighcmeyers at gmail.com
Sat Sep 17 20:49:20 PDT 2005

On Saturday, September 17, 2005 6:02 PM [PDT], Brian Charles Dauth <magcomm at ix.netcom.com> wrote:

> Dear List:
>
> Marvin writes:
>
>> A much more muted and benign form of self-objectification
> is the tendency of many progressive feminists to wear lipstick,
> perfume, and dye their hair. Now I will quickly put on my
> helmet, because whenever Walker (yes, her first name) and I
> have chided left-wing women friends about this, the brickbats
> have quickly rained down on us.
>
> And rightly so. My husband is a progressive feminist,and if
> he misses his weekly trip to the MAC counter at Henri Bendel
> they call to see if he is okay.
>
> We have both dyed out hair, and I get a manicure/pedicure
> every two weeks. TJ likes to grow his nails out.
>
> I am really shocked Marvin. I have learned so much from your
> posts up until now.

Here's something they probably don't teach at the manicure counter:

Don't forget to lick your lips at the interviewer when job hunting...

That tip courtesy of the "feminist" "The Bad Girl's Guide to Getting What You Want"

Available @ bookstores everywhere.

[It's amazing how ...deprecated the gay "rights" movement has become!]

"This term is used to refer to obsolete structures that should not be used for new applications but remain valid." archive.stsci.edu/fits/fits_standard/node11.html

Leigh