[lbo-talk] Contemporary forms of female self-objectification

Mark S bunyak1 at hotmail.com
Sun Sep 18 20:48:07 PDT 2005

Doug Henwood wrote:

>I don't get what's wrong with makeup. I think many men could do with paying
>a lot more attention to their physical appearance, in fact. It seems that
>one of the aspects of hetero male privilege is a complete lack of attention
>to appearance; straight guys can get away with a lot, which I think is a
>reflection of their dominance. Esp white guys.

I thought that upper-middle class men pay a lot of attention to their real physical appearance. If you`re under 40, you`re not slim and fairly muscular and you don`t have good teeth, your upper-middle class credentials are in doubt. I don`t think that clothing is the key to class identification. Any yahoo can wear nice clothes...

M.

_________________________________________________________________ Powerful Parental Controls Let your child discover the best the Internet has to offer. http://join.msn.com/?pgmarket=en-ca&page=byoa/prem&xAPID=1994&DI=1034&SU=http://hotmail.com/enca&HL=Market_MSNIS_Taglines

Start enjoying all the benefits of MSN® Premium right now and get the first two months FREE*.