[lbo-talk] Endorse U.S. Friends of Venezuela

Joel Wendland joelrw at hotmail.com
Wed Sep 21 05:18:53 PDT 2005

Dear Friend,

We have to be ready to stop another war. How many times have you heard this statement in the past 3 years? It has never been more real in the case of Venezuela.

Though the oil factor and imperial overstretch have thus far blocked a concerted military effort to eliminate the Hugo Chávez administration in Venezuela, the 2002 coup, millions of US taxpayers' dollars that fund anti-Chávez groups, and growing Bush administration hostility all suggest that the Bush people aren't too afraid to use naked power against Venezuela.

So far most of the U.S. media has toed the anti-Chávez line. Politicians across political boundaries have either remained silent or have echoed Bush's distortions and threats.

The U.S. alternative and left media have fought to present a true picture of Venezuela, but precious little organization has emerged.

So, Political Affairs announces the formation of an informational and hopefully organizational coalition (non-sectarian) to bring together those of us who support Venezuelan sovereignty and independence and who oppose another illegal war.

We have established U.S. Friends of Venezuela on our webpage at: http://www.politicalaffairs.net/article/articleview/1849

Here you can find out how to endorse the mission of organizing and mobilizing opposition to intervention. You can also find articles we have published in the past couple of years.

If you do want to endorse this mission, please write to pa-webmaster at politicalaffairs.net. Send your name, location, your occupation and affiliations (state whether for identification purposes only), organization endorsements, website links, small graphics, or whatever you want to identify you or your organization. Endorsers and links will be posted.

Please forward this message to your lists, friends, families, enemies, etc.

We can share articles, information, action items, and announcements. Let's educate our communities, the media, and politicians on the truth about Venezuela and stop another war before it starts.

Best Regards,

Joel Wendland Managing Editor Political Affairs http://www.politicalaffairs.net