[lbo-talk] Hey Mr. bitter expat

Andy F andyf274 at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 21 11:36:56 PDT 2005

--- Wojtek Sokolowski <sokol at jhu.edu> wrote:

> I did not mean to be rude, - there is no excuse for
> that - but the "love it
> or leave it" trope is yet another thing that I find
> quite annoying. Who is
> to decide what one can or cannot say about a
> country?

This came up last time somebody asked why you stay in a place where you seem to be so miserable. Hey, you're welcome to stay, but plenty of USians would kill or even marry for an EU passport.

"Why do you stay here" doesn't necessarily translate into "fuck off and die." Least I hope not, since my own mama recently suggested emigration.

Andy