[lbo-talk] Hey Mr. bitter expat

B. docile_body at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 21 19:34:22 PDT 2005

Too far inland for hurricanes. But my opinion is that it'll be the next San Francisco. Already MTV have decided it is the cool ext to place to live, and so they are filming "The Real World" there now. Like Dennis mentioned, it's not TOO expensive to live there, but that could change quickly.

In short, it has the "liberal atmosphere" that attracts big corps. and the wealthy, who then proceed to gentrify it once they move in, chainging it into something it never was.

On the other hand, apparently the New Orleans' voodoo fest has been transplanted there for this year: http://www.austin360.com/music/content/music/news/2005/21voodoo_360.html

It's still a cultural hot spot!

-B.

joanna wrote:

> I have actually neve heard one bad thing about
Austin.