[lbo-talk] Hey Mr. bitter expat

Dennis Redmond dredmond at efn.org
Thu Sep 22 08:55:27 PDT 2005

B. wrote:

> Too far inland for hurricanes. But my opinion is that
> it'll be the next San Francisco.

Or maybe Hong Kong -- a city-sized rift in the time-space continuum, where ghosts from the future hitch rides on Airbuses and congregate in the local cafes. Let's hope the rift stays open for awhile.

I was driving past the university the other day, and saw tons of students splattered with ketchup and walking in this oddly distorted, jiggly fashion. "Must be a fraternity stunt," I thought. Not so: some student had started a bogus flash-mob, claiming that American Idol (which was in town, filming some episode or other) was looking for walk-ons for a zombie thriller. A ton of students showed up, outfitted in fake blood and make-up. Absolutely hilarious.

-- DRR