[lbo-talk] Re: U.S. emergency plans: a disasterwaiting to happen]

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Fri Sep 23 08:28:03 PDT 2005

I think it is a good question to ask, because it pushes (or might push) those who disagree with us to attempt to work out the politics of their position. The more you try to specify the political process by which global warming might be stopped, the more hopeless it seems.

Your last point also points to how the vaunted "flexibility" of capitalism is, in this case, a basic weakness of the system. Capitalism by its very nature is far TOO flexible to be able to respond to _this_ crisis. We need the very opposite: rigid inflexibility. :-)

Carrol