[lbo-talk] Re: Antifa Critique of German "Left Party"

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Fri Sep 23 10:36:42 PDT 2005

Angelus Novus wrote:

> Dennis: [CLIP] What's wrong with sending German peacekeepers in the year 2005 as part of a UN mission to help Palestine rebuild?

Cox: For UN read "US" for "Peacekeepers" read Occupation Force.

Angelus: I understand that well-intentioned people could make this argument entirely in good faith.

Many, even most, arguments are in good faith. But in good faith or bad, arguments for Western troops _anyplace_ in the world are arguments for chaos and bloodshed. US, German, French, British, Japanese troops, under their own or the UN flag, can only, in the words of the immortal Spike Jones, "Bring to the World, DISORDER." (In the usual sense of "Western" the Japanese are Western.)

Carrol