[lbo-talk] Indian food [was: Hey Mr. bitter expat

Willy Greenfields filthydirtyunwashed at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 23 11:25:28 PDT 2005

Wojtek:

>But not in the US - they eat mostly deep fried or
>boiled beyond recognition stuff and they still
>have not figured out how to use spices.

I usually enjoy your under-informed opinionating, but the spectacle of a Pole (bland pierogi ruskie and dishwater-like zurek the height of your national culinary achievement) denigrating the cuisine of the South is a bit too much.

Have you ever had well-executed barbecue, man? Dreamland, Arthur Bryant's, Kreuz Market, Cozy Corner, Salt Lick, Ridgewood Barbecue, ad infin. Closer to (your) home are Corner Stable and Andy Nelson's. I believe both do take-out, which would spare you prolonged exposure to the various rednecks, proles, hip hop fans and others who annoy you so.

Enjoy.