[lbo-talk] Antifa Critique of German "Left Party"

Chuck0 chuck at mutualaid.org
Fri Sep 23 11:55:25 PDT 2005

Wojtek Sokolowski wrote:

> The US could pave Iraq over and be back before x-mas if it wanted to. The
> reason it does not do it is because it pursues two mutually contradicting
> objectives - imperial domination and democratic façade. The USAF has the
> capacity of bombing the whole dog-damned place into the stone age - but it
> ain't kosher. Any potential benefits of such a "final solution" would be
> off-set by much greater losses due to the world's outrage. Besides, the
> loss of 2000 cannon fodder - mostly "expendable" minorities - is really a
> drop in a bucket for the empire.

Yes, the U.S. could nuke Iraq tomorrow, but politically it can't.

> Imperial "crumbling" in Iraq is another wishful thinking delusion - the war
> is not a cake walk as Rummie & Wolfie promised, but then nobody really
> thought it would be. The cake walk was just a selling pitch to the gullible
> Democracts and the even more gullible sheeple. But the war is going well
> for the US by ordinary warfare standards, the US Army controls the situation
> while keeping its losses quite low. I do not see any crumbling there.

We disagree.

> And these loud protesters in DC? They are nice kids, but if you think they
> can take down the US state and the US Army with it, wow - pass the bong,
> man.

I never said anything about the protesters in Washington this weekend. As I see it, those protests are a waste of time led by liberal idiots who can't organize their way out of a wet paper bag. Mass mobilizations in DC have never stopped a war, not to mention the bigger war machine. And the peace protests in Washington in recent years have failed to even dent public opinion.

A msssive waste of time which doesn't have my support.

> But I agree that it is good to be an anarchist - it keeps your hopes up and
> the gloom and doom down :)

We, if I didn't have some hope, I would have given this up years ago and stuck to being an oblivious suburbanite.

Chuck