[lbo-talk] Antifa Critique of German "Left Party"

Wojtek Sokolowski sokol at jhu.edu
Fri Sep 23 11:11:35 PDT 2005

Chuck0
> As an anarchist, I beg to differ. The current situation in the U.S.A.
> show that the American empire is cracking and crumbling. If that is
> possible, and if the most powerful state can be defeated by a handful of
> insurgents, getting rid of states entirely is possible and desireable.

The US could pave Iraq over and be back before x-mas if it wanted to. The reason it does not do it is because it pursues two mutually contradicting objectives - imperial domination and democratic façade. The USAF has the capacity of bombing the whole dog-damned place into the stone age - but it ain't kosher. Any potential benefits of such a "final solution" would be off-set by much greater losses due to the world's outrage. Besides, the loss of 2000 cannon fodder - mostly "expendable" minorities - is really a drop in a bucket for the empire.

Imperial "crumbling" in Iraq is another wishful thinking delusion - the war is not a cake walk as Rummie & Wolfie promised, but then nobody really thought it would be. The cake walk was just a selling pitch to the gullible Democracts and the even more gullible sheeple. But the war is going well for the US by ordinary warfare standards, the US Army controls the situation while keeping its losses quite low. I do not see any crumbling there.

And these loud protesters in DC? They are nice kids, but if you think they can take down the US state and the US Army with it, wow - pass the bong, man.

But I agree that it is good to be an anarchist - it keeps your hopes up and the gloom and doom down :)

Wojtek