[lbo-talk] nettime rules

oudeis oudeis at gmail.com
Fri Sep 23 16:23:55 PDT 2005

totally bizarro. nettime is a space that's so completely hostile to actual discussion with anyone i find it hard to understand why this new rule has surfaced. 75% of the list seems to be all about forwarding. The notion that i should specify why i send it to that list instead of any other one is... I'm stunned. They have a corner on some space that makes it so unique that you would only think to post something to one list and NO other list? how bizarro.

Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2005 09:51:47 -0400 From: nettime at bbs.thing.net Cc: nettime at bbs.thing.net Subject: Re: your nettime post User-Agent: Mutt/1.5.9i

it's just that we try to encourage people to make forwards specific to nettime, to avoid nettime becoming a forwarding channel, so just a sentence or two (or more, if you like) why you think think this is of interest to nettime, rather than any other email list.

best. Felix

On Wed, Sep 21, 2005 at 06:44:48PM -0400, ...wrote:
> At 04:22 AM 9/21/2005, nettime at bbs.thing.net wrote:
> >hi--
> >
> >we're trying to encourage people who send in news stories to include some
> >introductory remarks about what their thoughts are about sending it to
> >nettime.
> >would you mind doing this?
> >
> >tx. felix

[1] Steve Perry of The City Pages (Minneapolis/St. Paul) has edited excellent coverage of survivor's stories online at:

http://citypages.com/databank/26/1294/article13694.asp