[lbo-talk] $7 A Gallon Gas?

Bryan Atinsky bryan at alt-info.org
Fri Sep 23 18:55:17 PDT 2005

Today in Yidiot Ahronot, there was an article about the imminent rise in gas and electric prices in Israel. They estimated that the price of gas could go up to 8 shekels a liter. At 4.545 liters to the gallon, that makes 36.36 per gallon.

That is: $7.90847 USD per gallon... Right now, gas is around 5.80 shekels a liter I think...I should pay more attention when I fill up my car I guess.

They were saying that electricity was going up from .40 agarot to 1.00 shekel per(whatever the unit is called for electricity). That is more than double...

I really hope that isn't true...

So, well...that sucks I guess.

Bryan