[lbo-talk] campcaseydc

Chuck0 chuck at mutualaid.org
Sat Sep 24 12:29:22 PDT 2005

Charles Brown wrote:

Mammoth
> By Scott Galindez
>
> Saturday 24 September 2005 1:54 PM
>
> Huge is an understatement. The march has surrounded the White House.
> Hundreds of thousands. This is the largest march I have seen in the over two
> decades that I have been attending.

> The Count
> By William Rivers Pitt
>
> Saturday 24 September 2005 12:42 PM
>
> It is pretty safe to say that there are more than a hundred thousand
> people here. Many more. Welcome to the majority.

It just never ceases to amaze me the nonsense leftists will distribute about the size of their own demonstrations. I wouldn't be surprised if ANSWER announced next week that 36 million people marched. ANSWER has a long history of inflating attendance at their protests beyond the degree practiced by other leftists.

In one of these updates from Mr. Pitt, he claims that "CNN is estimating the crowd here to be more than six hundred thousand strong." I'm sure that ANSWER is speading these rumors around the crowd, but this crowd estimate is simply impossible. The Promise Keepers rally and Million Man March both had at least 700,000 people. That amount of people filled up the Mall from the Capitol to the Washington Monument and beyond. You simply can't fit 100,000 people, certainly not 600k, on the streets of the march route that people are on today. What's more, truly huge mass demonstrations such as the Promise Keepers and MMM tied up the Metro system to a significant degree. There were hundreds of buses at the RFK parking lots and end-of-line Metro stations. The system was packed during those protests and I haven't seen one news story today about crowd problems on the subway system.

Chuck