Costs of big marches- Re: [lbo-talk] DC

Carl Remick carlremick at hotmail.com
Sun Sep 25 08:14:16 PDT 2005

>From: Bryan Atinsky <bryan at alt-info.org>
>
>I always find it embarrassing on some level to go to a demonstration and
>yell simplistic slogans and carry signs. But that is the structure of a
>demonstration, one couldn't exactly carry a sign that went into all the
>nuances of a political stand, the font size would be so small you would
>need to be standing no more than one foot from the sign to get its message.

I think the only valid antiwar message -- i.e., a call for immediate, not phased, withdrawal -- *is* a simple one. It can be put in two words that can be written two feet high and seen a hundred feet away: OUT NOW. John Kerry, Prince of Denmark, already tried the "nuanced" approach. As is so often the case, subtlety availeth nothing.

Carl