[lbo-talk] Re: DC

Chuck0 chuck at mutualaid.org
Sun Sep 25 16:42:01 PDT 2005

Doug Henwood wrote:

> Speaking of which, I just got an email from ANSWER claiming 300,000.

That actually got a laugh out of me. 100,000 is plausible but 300,000 is wishful crack-smoking territory.

> It's not costless to raise money for a Cindy Sheehan ad. And it would

> cut the cost of fundraising to appeal to 100,000-200,000 people all

> gathered in the same place, no?

Theoretically, yes, but money raised at these demos goes to sending the Becker brothers and entourage on trips to the North Korean Workers Paradise(tm).

How has the money been raised so far? Online donations via Moveon?

Chuck