[lbo-talk] Re: DC

Bryan Atinsky bryan at alt-info.org
Sun Sep 25 17:07:24 PDT 2005

> in? What about the increasing number of people who are turned off by

> these mass protests?

> Chuck

I don't know about that. Actually, I know of several people personally that have been pretty non-activist politically and moderate in the past, yet who have become fed up with the war (one of which was actually for the war until he saw the lies of the Admin and took it personally) who were motivated to go to the rally yesterday... And they tell me that they actually found the experience invigorating.

Most people will always be turned off by mass protests and not go, but of those who go, I think that the people who actually get turned off the most are the small minority like you who are so politicized as to be able to really get annoyed by this or that specific speaker or one group or the other. The great majority of people at the demo don't get the nuances, and don't know or care the difference between ANSWER, UFPJ, or any other org.

-- Bryan Atinsky Editor, News from Within e-mail: bryan at alt-info.org Tel: (972)2-624-1159 P.O. Box 31417, Jerusalem 91313 http://www.newsfromwithin.org http://www.alternativenews.org