[lbo-talk] DC

Chuck0 chuck at mutualaid.org
Sun Sep 25 19:20:49 PDT 2005

John Lacny wrote:

>> The media and the right wing portray the protesters as
>> hippies. It doesn't matter to them who is actually there
>> on the ground
>

> No, you were the one who referred to them as "hippies." I told you that
> you were wrong. Then you said the opposite. You make no sense -- which
> is why this discussion is over.

Yes, I used the word hippies. That's how the right wing sees peace activists. That's how most people see peace activists and is one of the reasons why people outside of Washington don't take protests seriously. Now if there was a mass mobilization against the war in Milwaukee or Dallas, it would be harder to ignore the protests as consisting of the usual suspects who go to Washington to protest.

Chuck