[lbo-talk] DC

Wojtek Sokolowski sokol at jhu.edu
Mon Sep 26 05:43:16 PDT 2005

Leigh:
> Because, as a nation, we are all absoeffinlutely dependent on the
> Military Industrial Complex to pump some money into the top of the
> US economy to keep the basic infrastructure running, while they
> figure out how to build an empire on the tax base of a nation
> of pizza delivery drivers and low wage DPs from the Gulf.
>

> You might think I'm joking, but you'll laugh alone.

I think it is only partially true. This represents only one camp of the ruling class - let's call them military nationalists. The other camp consists of international finanz kapitaliststs who build empire by swindling out money of low wage workers world-wide. These two camps may be competing for public image - bunker-headed nationalism vs. neo-liberal globalism, but they are actually two sides of the same coin - or using analogy - "a bad cop and a good cop" seemingly opposite of each other but working in tandem toward the same end.

Wojtek