Costs of big marches- Re: [lbo-talk] DC

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Mon Sep 26 07:22:38 PDT 2005

Nathan Newman wrote:

>And I see a bit difference with Farrakahn having bad views I disagree with
>versus a group that organizes in support of actually existing murderous
>regimes. Farrakhan may be an anti-semite but he's not actively organizing
>in support of killing the Jews. The ANSWER covert leadership is actively
>organizing to facilitate North Korea's and China's leaders continual ability
>to murder dissidents.

Oh please. Farrakhan is a figure with some political influence. There's a lot that's obnoxious in his public agenda for which he's mobilizing bodies for the MMM. ANSWER's parent organization is politically marginal. Do you think they're going to organize anyone in favor of North Korea? I don't get why you're willing to cut a petit bourgeois patriarch with a crackpot theology so much slack, and you won't go near a demo that ANSWER's involved with. Smells like sectarianism to me.

Doug