[lbo-talk] DC: Costs of big marches

Wojtek Sokolowski sokol at jhu.edu
Tue Sep 27 07:57:10 PDT 2005

John Adams:
> Yes, the analogy is flawed. Still: If you don't bet, you can't win.

Yeah, I am familiar with the notion of probability - probably more so than most folk. Last time I played poker with a bunch of buddies they kicked me out of the game because I consistently refused to bet on what saw as a weak hand. Guess what, a couple hours later the guy who kicked me out was penniless whereas I kept my funds.

Betting to win is one thing, but betting against all odds borders on stupidity.

Wojtek