[lbo-talk] FW: are any of you 'O' blood type?

Liza Featherstone lfeather at panix.com
Tue Sep 27 10:07:22 PDT 2005

[apologies for the personal forward, but LBO-talk does seem like a good way to get this out to a lot of people]

From: Liz Roberts <lizr at brechtforum.org> Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2005 11:40:42 -0400 To: undisclosed-recipients:; Subject: are any of you 'O' blood type?

i found out this morning that my 40 year old cousin Sharon, who has a very small child, was told that she will die very soon without a kidney transplant. she's in last stage renal failure now. she inherited this disease from her mom, who was in the same situation 6 years ago, and who is fine now, thanks to a transplant her husband, my cousin Steven, gave her. i'm getting tested tomorrow, but am afraid i'm AB blood type. this transplant is done with no residual effect for the donor. they do it laparascopically (sp) and the donor recovers within a few days or weeks. they need an O blood type donor, and the person mustn't have high blood pressure. my cousin Steven's email is sskatz23 at yahoo.com and their number is (732)493-3589. please contact him, or me, if you're an O and would consider this--and please please forward this message widely. it doesn't look very good, and it doesn't look like there's much time, but a transplant would save her...

love and solidarity, liz

347.277.6619 lizr at brechtforum.org