[lbo-talk] Lyndie England

Leigh Meyers leighcmeyers at gmail.com
Wed Sep 28 06:58:34 PDT 2005

amadeus amadeus:

Meanwhile
> sister Lynndie England was sentenced, an event that Sheehan's arrest
> seems to have overshadowed among liberals... England was nicked for
> no reason other than the fact that she is a poor working class woman
> from
> Appalachia, whose choices were apparently to get court-martialed for
> not following orders, or court-martialed for following them, with an
> additional court martial by the media.
> In both cases, we see that working class women have taken the fall
> for the interests of the bourgeoisie, a policy which has been a "good
> idea" for capitalists for the last couple centuries. This is, as
> Lenin would have said, "bullshit."
> --adx

There's a significant difference beteeen Cindy Sheehan and Lyndie England. Cindy Sheehan takes responsibility for her own actions, and my guess is, Lyndie England never has at any point in her life... Just another girl who wanted to be dungeon master but forgot that you aren't supposed to smile quite that broadly while holding the leash.

That's what got her convicted, she looked like she was having "too much fun". She was...

No sympathy for torturers, no matter what the excuse, social background, or orders... She had a DUTY, personal or Geneva Accords, to refuse illegal orders, and she didn't. TOO BAD!

www.leighm.net

Have you seen my newsfeeds?: http://leighmdotnet.blogspot.com/ Got RSS?: http://www.furl.net/members/leighm/rss.xml