[lbo-talk] "War on porn" felt at Suicide Girls

B. docile_body at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 29 04:40:54 PDT 2005

Letter from webmistress of Suicide Girls explaining decision to remove large numbers of photos from site. -B.

http://www.punknews.org/article.php?sid=13930

While we do not believe any of our images are illegal,SG has removed a number of images in order to ensure that we are not targeted by the U.S. Government's new "War on Porn."

We have received no formal government notice to remove these images, however, in the course of our involvement as witnesses in a federal criminal prosecution that does not target SG, we have been made aware of the risks that posting such content poses to the owners of the company. Given the U.S. Attorney General Alberto Gonzales' new war on porn task force and its intent to bring obscenity charges against their loosely defined "Deviant" imagery, we have removed any images with fake blood and any images we felt could be wrongfullyconstrued as sadist or masochist.

Given the natural disasters inLouisiana and Texas, the U.S. Government's numerous foreign wars and the growing U.S. deficit, we feel there are far better uses of government resources than pursuing the legality of imagery created by consenting adults, but as is usually the case, our opinions are not shared by the Current U.S. Administration. Also, we really miss Bill Clinton.

Yours Truly, Missy Suicide