[lbo-talk] Lyndie England

info at pulpculture.org info at pulpculture.org
Thu Sep 29 09:35:37 PDT 2005

At 12:06 PM 9/29/2005, Doug Henwood wrote:
>Carrol Cox wrote:
>
>>What are the car bombers doing that the French Resistance did not do?
>>The Justification of _any_ sort of attack against an illegal occupation
>>_or_ quislings to that occupation is a no-brainer.
>
>Yeah, if it were limited to those. No less than George Galloway, in my
>interview with him, denounces car bombings of marketplaces and such as
>ethically odious and politically counterproductive (though he allows that
>some of them might be the work of US and/or British intelligence).
>
>Doug

erm. I don't know where Carrol's coming from. I honestly can't understand what he wrote. What I think is bizarre is that, if you denounce Lyndie England, then why not car bombers?

Carrol's explanation is that you denounce Lyndie b/c she's an agent of the occupation, but you don't denounce the car bombers because they are resisting US occupation? (I think it's a little more complicated than that.)

Is that what you were saying?

Me, I don't think we should bother getting het up and excited about any of them. We have a job to do and goals to strive for. Getting all het up and excited denouncing Lyndie or the Car bombers seems like the kind of thing people do so they won't be embarrassed and prove their worthiness to the rightwing and right leaning elements on the left. Didn't you have some good things to say about that on another thread recently Carrol?