[lbo-talk] A Lament for Lyndie

Michael Pugliese michael.098762001 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 29 09:39:01 PDT 2005

> --- Michael Pugliese <michael.098762001 at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> Though I knew punk
> > rockers at UCSC who
> > like Sid Vicious wannabe's would play around w/ the
> > Nazi imagery.
> > "Epater les hippie liberal."
>
> You mean kind of like Alexander Dugin?

Heh, Chrisnik.

Though Peter has a diff opinion on Dugin and his confreres, past and present.

And compare Dugin's influence in your political culture to three punk rockers on a Northern California campus with a political culture and aroma full of Grateful Dead patchouli oil crystal consciousness hippie New Age nostalgia.Shortly after the provocation of the Nazi armbands on the punkers, there was a rally held in the Merrill College cafeteria. A lecturer in Chicano Studies at Kresge College bellowed, "Kill the fucking fascists!" One would have thought that a reinforcement of the Diversity/Speech Codes of Conduct would have been a more appropriate proposal/sanction? (Incoming freshpeople at UCSC now have to sign off on receipt of a college catalog sized set of "acceptable" speech regs over a hundred pgs. long.)

Jello Biafra went to UCSC for a quarter once. Probably going there made him write this song?

California Uber Alles (1980) (DK, 1980)

("Analyzed" here, "Dead Kennedys, Cynicism and Discursive Space.") http://www.glocalweb.de/joerg/html/uni/deadke/issuealles.htm

I am governor Jerry Brown My aura smiles and never frowns Soon I will be president... Carter power will soon go away I will be Fuhrer one day I will command all of you Your kids will meditate in school California Über alles California Über alles Über alles California Über alles California Zen fascists will control you Hundred percent natural You will jog for the master race And always wear the happy face Close your eyes, can't happen here Big Bro' on white horse is near The hippies won't come back you say Mellow out or you will pay California Über alles California Über alles Über alles California Über alles California Now It Is 1984 Knock knock at your front door It's the suede denim secret police They have come for your uncool niece Come quietly to the camp You'd look nice as a drawstring lamp Don't you worry, it's only a shower For your clothes here's a pretty flower Die on organic poison gas Serpent's egg's already hatched You will croak, you little clown When you mess with President Brown California Über alles Über alles California.