[lbo-talk] A Lament for Lyndie

Chris Doss lookoverhere1 at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 30 08:48:35 PDT 2005

--- Michael Pugliese <michael.098762001 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Heh, Chrisnik.
> Though Peter has a diff opinion on Dugin and his
> confreres, past and present.

He does? What is my opinion on Dugin and his "confreres"? I have never stated one. Can you name one of these confreres? In any case, which Dugin, NBP-period rock-star-celeb Dugin or contemporary quasi-Slavoi Zizek Dugin?

> And compare Dugin's influence in your political
> culture to three
> punk rockers on a Northern California campus with a
> political culture
> and aroma full of Grateful Dead patchouli oil
> crystal consciousness
> hippie New Age nostalgia.

I have no idea what the above means, and have no idea what on warth the lyrics from California Uber Alles have to do with anything.

As for Dugin, somebody who writes self-mocking articles in Rolling Stone in which he refers the number of dancers in the new Tatu video to a mustic number of power in ancient Sumerian numerology and then to a Masonic Order is not somebody who is taking himself seriously.

As Limonov wrote in his Political Autobiography, back in the day, "When Letov, Dugin and I would be asked a question by journalists dealing with theory, I would tell them to ask 'Doctor Dugin.' Now, Dugin was not a doctor of anything. But it sounded like 'Doctor Goebbels,' and that was the point."

It's called role-playing.