[lbo-talk] Lyndie England

amadeus amadeus amadeus482000 at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 29 11:04:12 PDT 2005

I think the near-simultanaeity of Sheehan's arrest and England's sentencing brings to light the following fact: Regardless of whether you do the "morally reprehensible" thing and support the war / follow orders (violently, non-violently, however), OR do the "morally reprehensible" thing of resisting the occupation (violently, non-violently, however), you are getting-- or will get-- fucked by the bourgeoisie. There will be no end to this as long as class society continues, I guarantee.

--adx

Carrol Cox <cbcox at ilstu.edu> wrote:

PulpMistress wrote:

> i hope everyone's running around denouncing car bombers as much as they
> denounce lyndie. sheesh. well, that's not cool actually. i suppose there's
> a good explanation as to why one need be denounced and not the other, why
> one must attack explanations for their behavior as if it was an excuse. i'm
> not sure what it is though. i'm all ears.

What are the car bombers doing that the French Resistance did not do? The Justification of _any_ sort of attack against an illegal occupation _or_ quislings to that occupation is a no-brainer. One might as well argue about whether thunder or a western breeze is justifiable. It just is!

"Mary Poppins is alive and well in Argentina, she sends her regards." - Rod McKuen, The Mud Kids