[lbo-talk] blogging: so easy it can be done by Wonkette's cat

ravi listmail at kreise.org
Thu Sep 29 12:05:16 PDT 2005

At around 29/9/05 2:13 pm, Tom Walker wrote:

> "Blogs, collaborative online databases (called wikis) and open-source
> software development all use the Net to handle much of the coordination
> among people rather than relying on top-down command and control. Such a
> shift to a digital spine could eventually lessen bureaucratic time
> burdens on overworked professionals, especially those in such high-cost
> industries as health care."

In all the tech groups that I have been a part of, some version of Wiki (some homegrown app before there were Wikis, and Twiki later) has been in use for collaboration. I actually do believe that it increases developer productivity. For one thing, it gets rid of Microsoft Word and often along with it, the suits. It also stops misuse of email, use of bloatware, etc. Of course, this is not to negate your point, since I am only talking about techie work and collaboration.

--ravi

-- If you wish to contact me, you will get my attention faster by substituting "r" for "listmail" in my email address. Thank you!