[lbo-talk] blogging: so easy it can be done by Wonkette's cat

Tom Walker timework at telus.net
Thu Sep 29 11:13:53 PDT 2005

In "The Real Reasons You're Working So Hard..." http://biz.yahoo.com/special/workhard05_article1.html Michael Mandel and colleagues at BusinessWeek Online propose blogging -- blogging! -- as one potential cure for they call "this epidemic of long hours at the office".You don't believe me? Of course not, it would be a silly thing to say:

"Blogs, collaborative online databases (called wikis) and open-source software development all use the Net to handle much of the coordination among people rather than relying on top-down command and control. Such a shift to a digital spine could eventually lessen bureaucratic time burdens on overworked professionals, especially those in such high-cost industries as health care."

The last time I heard anything that dopey was circa 1994 when this new thingy, the Internet was supposed to be going to foster genuine democracy.

The Sandwichman