[lbo-talk] Lyndie England

Leigh Meyers leighcmeyers at gmail.com
Thu Sep 29 19:38:02 PDT 2005

On Wednesday, September 28, 2005 8:57 PM [PDT], jthorn65 at sbcglobal.net <jthorn65 at sbcglobal.net> wrote:

>> Leigh Meyers wrote:
>>
>>> She had a DUTY, personal or Geneva
>>> Accords, to refuse illegal orders, and she didn't. TOO BAD!
>
> The duty to refuse an order is nearly non-existant. I'm not sure you
> understand the level of brainwashing
> these kids receive.
>
> John Thornton

I sent this offlist to gary? originally, but I feel I need to explain my position.

On Wednesday, September 28, 2005 12:48 PM [PDT], Gary? <slade.g at gmail.com> wrote:

> even if she was bright intelligent and fully complicit in this she
> would still be the scapegoat the real villains are hiding behind.

> and I doubt that if Leigh were in the same situation the outcome would
> have been any different.

Since assumptions about situational outcomes are being bandied about loosely:

Absolutely, to the first part.

The difference in the 2nd is that I would have resisted that situation with my life. Ask me what I told the Staff Sgt at Whitehall st. induction center in 1971. I meant it then, and I mean it now, more than ever.

I promised that I'd make sure that he'd be the first M/F to die when I got back, or perhaps before I shipped out... and I would have developed the means to find him(simple), and he could send me to boot camp to make sure I would be able to accomplish that task with fresh training & weaponry.

Something really really close to that anyway... It's a long time ago.

Really Gary?, you wouldn't want to give me a high powered weapon and tell me which way to point it. I don't kill for hire.

No quarter asked... NONE given. Not when I was 18, and not now.

Leigh

Addendenum: I had no job, I was living on the street, and the fucking answer was STILL no.