[lbo-talk] Lyndie England

J. Tyler jptyler at earthlink.net
Thu Sep 29 19:54:56 PDT 2005

Leigh Meyers wrote:

> > and I doubt that if Leigh were in the same situation the
> outcome would
> > have been any different.
>
> Since assumptions about situational outcomes are being
> bandied about loosely:
>
> Absolutely, to the first part.
>
> The difference in the 2nd is that I would have resisted that
> situation with my life. Ask me what I told the Staff Sgt at
> Whitehall st. induction center in 1971. I meant it then, and
> I mean it now, more than ever.
>
> I promised that I'd make sure that he'd be the first M/F to
> die when I got back, or perhaps before I shipped out... and I
> would have developed the means to find him(simple), and he
> could send me to boot camp to make sure I would be able to
> accomplish that task with fresh training & weaponry.

So should we assume, then, that you also hold fully responsible the black underclass for the crimes they commit, including murder, for the simple reason that were you in the same boat you would not have done as they did? Because lots of poor blacks don't commit murder.

Or would you rail against John Ashcroft/Alberto Gonzales for their obvious culpability in the offenses?

(Incidentally, this is a serious question as I hold Ashcroft/Gonzales, et. al. (i.e., all people of power who intentionally maintiain conditions of material insecurity) fully culpable for all criminal behavior in American society.)