[lbo-talk] losers [ was: Lyndie England

joanna 123hop at comcast.net
Fri Sep 30 11:23:54 PDT 2005

Culture Lab wrote:

> I'm sorry, but this is just a cop out. The system is reproduced by all
> of us. I fyou cant or won't take responsibility for harboring the view
> that you deserve your fate, then all the talk in the world about how
> someone else doesn't is meaningless -- and it doesn't matter whether
> your talking bush or me or pugliese.
>
> but this comes from years of studying this, doing research, doing
> interviews. i can hardly expect people who live in bubbles to get it.

OK. You're the expert. I live in a bubble. So I guess we can't talk to one another.

As for whether people "deserve their fate" -- I haven't a clue as to what you mean.

Do I believe that a baby born to a crack addicted mother deserves its fate? No. Do I believe that Bill Gates deserves his fate? No. I guess the assertion is meaningless to me.

Joanna