[lbo-talk] Putin meets with Cindy Sheehan

Chris Doss lookoverhere1 at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 30 14:37:24 PDT 2005

I wrote:

--- Chris Doss <lookoverhere1 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Well, not quite, but he did answer questions from
> Chechnya on his big, live "call in and ask the
> president a question" show last week. English
> translation of exerpt below. I must say that these
> shows are brilliant from a PR point of view.

And I add:

Putin comes across as incredibly competent in all these events. No wonder he's so spectacularly popular (alongside other things like the huge wage increases, etc.).

Incidentally, I thought the Western coverage of the protests over moneterization of benefits was interesting. When there were protests against it, it was everywhere. When the Kremlin addressed the protesters' demands and Putin's approval ratings once again soared into the Empyrean, not a word was uttered.