[lbo-talk] Israel, Ireland, and South Africa

Patrick Bond pbond at mail.ngo.za
Mon Apr 3 12:16:12 PDT 2006

> These "subimperialists" aren't exactly doing the US's bidding in the WTO,
> are they?

Ah, did you miss Hong Kong, then, Doug?

> But aside from that, I think this "accumulation by dispossession" line is
> overdone. It's a catchy phrase, but what does it really mean, and how
> novel is it?

It's a resurrection of Luxemburg on imperialism, and Marx on primitive accumulation. No, it's not novel, it's a permanent condition. And unfortunately, no, it's not overdone, especially these days when uneven/combined development gets worse and worse.

Sure there is: superexploitation. We just had a conference on it, and the papers are up at http://www.ukzn.ac.za/ccs (under 'economic justice'). Join us.