[lbo-talk] love stories???

JC Helary jch.helary at free.fr
Wed Apr 5 09:58:29 PDT 2006

On 2006/04/06, at 1:37, joanna wrote:
> If any reader/lurker can recommend a good love story -- short
> story, novelette, or short novel, I'd appreciate it. I can think
> of lots, but they're all 18th, 19th century longish things. My
> daughter is OK with sad endings and I'm OK if it has sex in it.

I like Kundera's easy stuff. "Risibles Amours" for ex. "L'insoutenable légerté de l'être" may be a little too long ? Stefan Sweig: "24 heures dans la vie d'une femme". Sweig is not hard to read either. Shusaku Endo "La fille que j'ai abandonné". Sartre plays "Les main sales". Quite long but amazing: Jim Harrison "Dalva". ALthough I am not sure they all qualify as "love stories".

Jean-Christophe