[lbo-talk] what this world needs...

Charles Brown cbrown at michiganlegal.org
Wed Apr 5 13:20:47 PDT 2006

Info:

But these two lines: "And I don't mind payin' taxes" ... and "Cause there's a whole lot more of us common-folks Then there ever will be of you"

Those two lines shouldn't be ignored. Marx, in his letter to Arnold Ruge, would have said we need to keep working on the two ideas, the ones he chose to end that song with (important positioning in lyrics). We need to advance the struggles and wishes of the age. With a simple dismisal of his in-yer-face, "Fuck you, you're the enemy" we only belittle people further and fuel the fires of resentment.

^^^^^ CB: A straight forward response to Charlie Daniels might be to say " your beef is with the rich, not intellectuals or Gorbachev. "