[lbo-talk] tequlia talk

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Wed Apr 5 20:43:53 PDT 2006

[gotta love the name of this lecture]

Fed's Fisher says Fed will keep inflation tame Wed Apr 5, 2006 11:20 PM ET

LA JOLLA, California, April 5 (Reuters) - If the Federal Reserve keeps doing its job, U.S. inflation will stay under wraps, Dallas Fed Bank President Richard Fisher said on Wednesday.

"If we continue to do our job, inflation will be contained," Fisher, who is not a voting member of the Fed's policy committee this year, told reporters after giving the Institute of the Americas Jose Cuervo Tequila Talk in La Jolla, California.

Of the economy, he said: "Right now, we're growing. Inflationary pressures appear to be under control."