[lbo-talk] Hersh on Bush & Iran

Jim Devine jdevine03 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 11 06:34:28 PDT 2006

On 4/10/06, Tim <tim_boetie at fastmail.fm> wrote:
> On Mon, 2006-04-10 at 23:19 -0400, Josh Narins wrote:
> > Hersh makes mistakes of fact and logic in his article, which Dr Lewis
> > describes there:
> > http://www.ArmsControlWonk.com/1030/we-are-not-going-to-nuke-iran
>
> That post assumes that the US would only use nuclear weapons if they
> were military necessary. Do we have any reason to think that's the case?

no we don't. The US almost used nukes several times during the Cold War (in Korea, Vietnam). The current crowd of cretins running the US government believes strongly in bring ing back Cold War attitudes and that when they were applied back then, "we" didn't go far enough, we weren't resolute enough, etc. (The Cold War was World War III in this view, while the WoT is World War IV.)

-- Jim Devine / "There can be no real individual freedom in the presence of economic insecurity." -- Chester Bowles