[lbo-talk] Fact-checking Anonymous Sources?

Charles Brown cbrown at michiganlegal.org
Thu Apr 13 15:10:51 PDT 2006

I forgot mutually-assured destruction is "mad" , too. We perhaps don't take account of how drastically our mentalities have changed with the step back from the socalled 11th hour to nuclear war between the US and SU. The U.S. is not under real threat of massive nuclear attack in the way it was during the Cold War. One has to wonder whether people have relief that is unconscious, with out that threat over us. Throughout the Cold War there was no more important issue for humanity than avoiding nuclear war.

"The strip was a silent parable about the futility of _mutually-assured destruction_, with various elaborate deathtraps designed in Prohías' thick line. "

Charles