[lbo-talk] What can be done? [was: Fact-checking Anonymous Sources?

B. docile_body at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 14 12:25:44 PDT 2006

Wojtek,

You're saying this even though French workers and students just won a big victory through strikes and occupations? (You mentioned the "Berlusconis" of the world so I assumed you included Europe in your pessimistic assessment.)

Also, I agree re: "speaking truth to power." As Chomsky has said, you shouldn't speak it to them, because they know it already. You speak it to those not in power.

-B.

Wojtek wrote:

"I am not suggesting that people should resign to their fate, but that the old methods of 'speaking truth to the power' do not work anymore because the power can get by without having to listen to the people. I do not know what alternative methods are (I wish I did) - but I do know that the old ones aint' working anymore. If they did, we would not be where we are."