[lbo-talk] what's this economic choice theory again?

joanna 123hop at comcast.net
Sat Apr 15 12:03:10 PDT 2006

So I take it these recommendations are based on data showing that

--not all children born to HIV pos mothers are HIV pos --those not HIV pos are at risk to contract HIV by breastfeeding

Otherwise these recommendations don't make sense. Before framing an argument it's important to find out what percentage of kids born to HIV pos mothers become HIV pos (I assume it's high) and what percentage of healthy kids contract HIV by breastfeeding (I assume it's low).

You're also saying that the black community perceives any information about HIV from whitey as ipso facto a lie. In that case, I'm not sure if there's any remedy.

So a little more data?

Joanna