[lbo-talk] Dean Baker on immigration

Marta Russell ap888 at lafn.org
Mon Apr 17 14:12:05 PDT 2006

The MediCal doctors do not get paid much. I think it was about $30 per visit, something ridiculously low and now it is lower. I don't have the exact numbers at my fingertips. MediCal generally negotiates for better rates on prescription drugs and most everything it will pay for.

As I understand it the biggest problem is growth in the numbers of persons on MediCal and the lack of the state being willing to spend more to accommodate them while the feds cut back the entire Medicaid budget by billions leaving the states to fend for themselves - Marta