[lbo-talk] Dean Baker on immigration

Mike Ballard swillsqueal at yahoo.com.au
Tue Apr 18 01:22:52 PDT 2006

Mike Ballard wrote:

>How can a
>government remain a national entity

What is so wonderful about retaining a national identity? Really?

I'm with Chuck there. I *wish* that there weren't any political entities i.e. borders, but then that's the same as saying that one wishes there were no political States--one of the end results of the communist project. As far as national identity goes, I'm of the opinion that the workers have no country. At the same time, I'm well aware of reactionary national traditions which "weigh like an alp" on the consciousness most people.

Best, Mike B)

Read "The Perthian Brickburner": http://profiles.yahoo.com/swillsqueal