[lbo-talk] Roy Medvedev wails on Kagarlitsky

Chris Doss lookoverhere1 at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 19 14:13:25 PDT 2006

Damn. Medvedev writes books more often than the sun rises. He's written yet another, this time on Putin's second term.

Again damn. He really, really seems to dislike Kagarlitsky. (I can translate the relevant passage if anyine wants -- actually I probably will even if I don't get any feedback.) He says (translating and paraphrasing from memory) that Kag is "considered a left-wing journalist, but writes demagogic rhetoric behind which there is nothing."

He also says that (translating and paraphrasing from memory) Anna Politkovskaya is "a journalist famous for her demagoguery and lies." (Which is true, even if the Guardian says otherwise.)

Nu, zayats, pogodi!