[lbo-talk] Dean Baker on immigration

Marta Russell ap888 at lafn.org
Wed Apr 19 16:16:48 PDT 2006

On Apr 19, 2006, at 4:05 PM, jthorn65 at sbcglobal.net wrote:

> So now Marta is sharing thought space with far right-wing racists
> like Cosman? That's rich.
> Quoting this nut pretty much blows away most of the credibility you
> worked to earn.
> Maybe you'll want to post a few anti-immigration blurbs from FOX
> News later?
>
> Of course maybe I'm being too hard on Cosman just because she
> appears at "The Defense of Our Nation
> Begins at Our Borders" public forum hosted by Senator Bill Morrow
> that included such notable racists as
> James Gilchrist and Tom "Lets Bomb Mecca" Tancredo doesn't mean she
> agrees with their racist agenda.
> Does it?

So I posted it. It doesn't mean I agree with it. In fact my question was to Miles "what do you think about this?" and mainly because there seemed to be some solutions the docs posed towards the end worth consideration.

So what is this list - a bunch of people who cannot stand to see "the other side" quoted in an article? Isn't that rather like censorship or worse? Its a knee jerk reaction. Can't stand what other people are saying? Good grief, I say grow up.

If this list is only to post things that you agree with then it isn't for me. I like free speech. Marta