[lbo-talk] Dean Baker on immigration

jthorn65 at sbcglobal.net jthorn65 at sbcglobal.net
Wed Apr 19 16:05:03 PDT 2006

On 19 Apr 2006 at 13:36, Marta Russell wrote:

> Noted medical lawyer Madeleine Cosman, J.D., Ph.D., wrote in her
> online journal on August 27, 2005, "Promoters of open borders and
> elevating the status of Illegal Aliens brilliantly use Americans'
> medical compassion against ourselves." The medical literature reports
> that many undocumented immigrants sequester within their bodies
> infectious and fatal diseases that long ago were fought and
> eliminated by American medicine Now illegals may carry drug-resistant
> strains of tuberculosis, malaria, polio, leprosy, plague, dengue
> fever and Chagas disease.

So now Marta is sharing thought space with far right-wing racists like Cosman? That's rich. Quoting this nut pretty much blows away most of the credibility you worked to earn. Maybe you'll want to post a few anti-immigration blurbs from FOX News later?

Of course maybe I'm being too hard on Cosman just because she appears at "The Defense of Our Nation Begins at Our Borders" public forum hosted by Senator Bill Morrow that included such notable racists as James Gilchrist and Tom "Lets Bomb Mecca" Tancredo doesn't mean she agrees with their racist agenda. Does it?

John Thornton