[lbo-talk] Dean Baker on immigration

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Thu Apr 20 08:50:57 PDT 2006

info at pulpculture.org wrote:

>Same thing here: it didn't help that no one bothered to
>acknowledgement the sad fact that disability rights issues are
>important.

I dunno, but when someone launches into a sustained attack on immigrants as parasites and germ warfare delivery systems, that's not the first thing that comes to mind. It would have been a lot more constructive if Marta had said something like, "It's great to see the immigrant mobilization and the solidarity it's earned from others - could we see the same for another marginalized group, people with disabilities?" And I would have said, and I'm sure I'm not the only one, you're absolutely right.

Doug