[lbo-talk] Chomsky interviewed by Ali G - wow

Chuck chuck at mutualaid.org
Thu Apr 20 17:20:05 PDT 2006

Carrol Cox wrote:

> Everybody? But those who send their money to Moveon probably agree with
> Moveon rather than the RCP or Infoshop.Why would you expect otherwise?
> This kind of complaint is just another version of "Why can't everyone
> just get along." Intellectual/political error is not a moral defect.

I really don't expect most of the Moveon audience to be interested in Infoshop or other radical media projects. But there are people who support Moveon who should be supporting something more radical.

And I'm not going to pander after liberal money by running liberal content.

> I give money to Counterpunch because Counterpunch makes available the
> kind of information that for my purposes is valuable.

It's kind of a self-reinforcing hierarchy, right? Those of us who are trying to do what Counterpunch is doing are hamstrung by a lack of funds and other resources. Leaving aside the money question, there isn't even any recognition from the bigger players that smaller alt media projects exist. It's pretty frustrating trying to run a project on breadcrumbs. I'd like to do much more, but simply can't because of the money and resource issues.

Chuck -------------------------- Bread and Roses Web Design serving small businesses, non-profits, artists and activists http://www.breadandrosesweb.com/