[lbo-talk] Nepal: "Maoist" and "Unified Marxist-Leninist"

Dennis Perrin dperrin at comcast.net
Thu Apr 27 12:04:58 PDT 2006

> It almost seems as though (at least in the U.S.) both those who wave the
> label "Maoism" as their 'own' (i.e. Chairman Bob) _and_ those who use it
> as the name of all that is evil (e.g. Dennis) are mirror images of each
> other. They both see labels as magical, but one ascribes a plus to the
> magic, the other a minus.
>
> Carrol

Man, is that a really stupid take. I have never used Maoism as "the name of all that is evil" -- I simply pointed out my aversion to this strain, and specified, historically, why. That's it. It's you, Prof., who's doin' the ascribin', though in your case, I could get behind some Red Guards marching you down the street in a dunce cap.

Dennis